Hi! I am Misty. I am so happy to meet you!
I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, with my three awesome kids and my husband. I used to be a social worker/ therapist, then a librarian, and then I started staying home with my kids after my second child was born. Now, I am a photographer!
I have been shooting daily since 2011. I have taken lots of classes and workshops. Over the last year, I have learned that shooting people that want me to take their photo is an entirely different thing than shooting my kids who run from the camera.
It brings me so much fulfillment to be able to capture beautiful and authentic photos for families. I am working all the time to get better and better, and I am so lucky that I figured out that photography is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
I want your experience in working with me to be VERY positive – from the first time we talk, until you have your photos downloaded and hopefully hanging on your walls. I want you to have a lot of fun during our session, and I want this process to be stress free and comfortable for you.
I promise you that I will do everything within my power to make sure that the quality of your photos is amazing, and that you feel like I captured the memories and moments photographically that feel real and authentic and full of the beauty and uniqueness of your family.
I REALLY love my kids. I think they are hilarious, and my favorite days of my life were the days when they were born.
Fun facts about me:
- I love 90's hip-hop and Vietnamese food.
- My favorite flowers are Ranunculus.
- I am Team Nikon, but I also shoot film and I have two Fuji mirrorless cameras too. (I love cameras!)
- I am very honest. If I tell you I am going to do something, I will follow through.
- I am an introvert, but once I start talking I will go on forever.
- I strive to be unique and different from everyone else.